Friday, May 4, 2012

Margherita Pizza-Primal/paleo/gluten-free/grain free



I made some yummy primal pizza for my dad and I for dinner last night! It actually turned out and my dad liked it! I took a bunch of recipes from a bunch of paleo and primal blogs and kinda made up my own recipe. (picture below also has ingredients for the salad on another post!)



CRUST INGREDIENTS:
4 eggs
1 C coconut milk (full fat from can)
1/3 cup coconut flour
1/3 cup Anutra
1T garlic powder
Salt to taste

TOPPING INGREDIENTS:
Pizza Sauce
Basil
Parmesan cheese
Mozzarella
Fresh tomato

MIX crust ingredients together or blend
It will be like pancake mix but a little thicker.

Pour it onto a pan lined with parchment paper and use a spoon to make the rectangle shape and smoothed it out

PREHEAT oven to 350 and cook for 20 minutes.
Broil for a couple minutes after until crispy
Take it out of the oven and place parchment paper on top and flip

Then put toppings on!

Pizza sauce (tomato paste, water, oregano) simmer 15 minutes.

Basil (lots of basil! If I remember anything my mom every said growing up is that you can never have too much basil) Also, always go FRESH with basil. Look at the plant I have! Used MOST of it (cheaper too)! :D

 Parmesan cheese (raw a.k.a. not pasteurized)

* Mozzarella (Supposedly can't find raw in US because it's too young and can harm pregnant people and infants)

*Fresh tomato (I sliced it thin & laid it on a paper towel and put another on top. Not a fan of slimy tomato or soggy pizza)

*****obviously, you can omit cheese for a TRULY paleo dinner)

Now for my special method...top secret ya hear...

I put sauce on, then line with basil, then tomatoes, then parmesan (lots), then some mozzarella, then more sauce, then more mozzarella then more basil! WALA!

The type of tomato I used...yum! 

Before toppings were cooked!
After! ( I cooked on 350 for 5 minutes then broiled till it looked nice and crisp)

Don't forget to thank God for your food and dig in!

*Clean as you go, then after you eat you can relax and know that you're kitchen is clean!) Yay for clean kitchen! Yay for clean soul (oh wait I forgot to say go to confession before cooking)... :P

No comments:

Post a Comment